Swimwear Anywhere has an opportunity for an Assistant Designer of Women’s Swimwear. The Assistant Designer assists in the entire product design process including market research, inspiration board development and presentation, designing, flat sketching, creating mock ups, specing, sourcing and fitting. The Assistant Designer is responsible for working on design projects collaboratively and independently, with guidance and oversight.
We are looking for an apparel designer who has a passion for and understanding of the swimwear market, along with knowledge of functional construction and technologies. Our designers are open-minded, flexible, organized, and team oriented with the experience to handle direction and feedback.
Please note that this is a Long Island based position, and you should apply if you can work at our Farmingdale, LI location. We are not considering remote or freelance.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- CAD concepts for initial board presentations.
- Assist product coordinators, sourcing, tech department and merchandising to bring vision to commercially viable product.
- Digital print: transfer designs to garments, print patterns and specs, organize cutwork, attach specs and have the garment made in a timely manner and approved or corrected on the model.
- Style first protos and have new styles approved before proceeding to final fit.
- Attend fittings with design director, principal or product manager, take photos and notes.
- Work with the Grading and Marking departments to develop markers for engineered designs.
- Assist with tracking progress of samples with product managers and presenting fit corrected garments at designated design meetings.
- Bachelor Degree, Fashion Design Major.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must have garment construction knowledge and be able to cad, illustrate fashion figures and flat sketch.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills; attention to detail.
- Strong sewing and pattern making background a plus.
To apply please email your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and portfolio or samples as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job ID ASTDweb.