Swimwear Anywhere has an opportunity for a full-time Associate Designer of Women’s Swimwear and Activewear. The Associate Designer is responsible for managing projects independently as well as collaboratively with the Design Director, Merchandiser, and the Company Principal.
We are looking for an experienced designer who has a clear understanding of the swim and active markets, along with knowledge of functional construction and technologies. Our designers are open-minded, flexible, organized, and team oriented with the experience to handle direction and feedback.
Please note that this is a Long Island based position, and you should apply if you can work at our Farmingdale, LI location. We are not considering remote or freelance.
Swimwear Anywhere Inc. has an opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter who will work in our NYC showroom assisting the sales and licensing teams. The perfect candidate will be an extremely organized go-getter who can communicate clearly with all levels of internal and external teams, as well as clients and licensors.
Applicants will be self-motivated, organized, and ready to help with any project, no matter how large or small, and have the ability to balance multiple priorities at once.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, communications or similar discipline
- At least 1 year public relations experience in an apparel showroom environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with professionalism that will impress brand licensors and media editors
- An innate sense of fashion trends and style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency
- A self-starter who works well independently, is highly energetic and gives exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and desire to travel to Long Island headquarters, and through-out NYC as needed
- Pitching PR ideas, internally and externally, for product placement
- Assisting in execution of press initiatives for company and licensed brands
- Building and maintaining relationships with editors and licensors
- Sending samples; developing and maintaining a sample database
- Monitoring and tracking outgoing company material; ensuring garments are being couriered and returned from photo shoots, etc.
- Researching competitors in magazines, e-mail blasts, and news publications.
- Performing other duties as assigned such as showroom maintenance, external and internal correspondence and mailings, front desk duties and other administrative functions
When applying, please include a cover letter that includes your required pay rate, along with your resume. Apply to email@example.com. Please reference Job ID PRCweb.