Temp to Perm
Swimwear Anywhere has a great opportunity for a creative and well developed Textile Artist who has the ability to work from concept to production ready artwork.
- Collaborating with team leaders on inspiration including swipes, purchased artwork and vintage garments to create original designs and collections.
- Color matching and setting up seasonal color palettes.
- Re-sizing and re-coloring existing prints.
- Mocking up print layouts in repeat and breakdown color for screens.
- Putting designs into repeat and cleaning files to prepare artwork for the appropriate mills.
- Making slight adjustments to artwork, according to mills’ instructions.
- Adhering to deadlines and preparing files on a timely basis.
- Organizing and maintaining artwork files according to department procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Design preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years design studio experience
- The ability to hand draw and paint (critical requirement)
- The Ability to mock up print layouts in repeat and breakdown color for screens.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 (Mac Platform)
- A highly organized team player who can work in a fast paced environment
- A strong eye for detail, color, design and composition
- An excellent work ethic and a great attitude
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
This position is based on Long Island, in Farmingdale, NY. Please apply with your resume, portfolio and cover letter that includes your pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Refer TXweb.